- ¼ Ayinger Bräu-Weisse
- 600 g (1.25 lb.) fillet of pork, trimmed and cut into ½ cm (a bit over a quarter-inch) thick slices
- 4 tbsp wheat germ oil
- 1 small pat of butter
- ½ onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/5 l (1 cup) jus (or stock)
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 pinch of ground caraway
- ½ tbsp hot mustard
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
Heat the wheat germ oil in a frying pan, brown the pork fillet slices, season with salt, remove and put aside.
Add butter to the pan and put in onions. Sauté until golden, add the beer and simmer onions until soft. Add jus or stock, spices and mustard and bring to the boil. Put pork fillet back into the pan, add crème fraîche, heat through and serve.
Goes well with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables.